Rides: 179
Kilometers: 2294.8(approx.)

CO2 Saved: 701.1kg
Created by OnePlusYou

Tuesday 24 August 2010

Well, This Is Novel

I'm breaking my email posting cherry this morning, so I'm rather excited by this new use of technology. However, as I try to look for a cloud to every silver lining I find that due to my poor selection of mobile provider I'm unable to post unless tethered to a computer, should the need/ urge ever arise. It's not necessarily a problem at the moment but I anticipate a keen desire to post from the top of a mountain (or more likely some grotty motorway services) at some point in the future.
I have now fallen so far behind my proposed target that unless I do 1.5 rides per day until the end of the year I haven't a chance of hitting 300 rides. Maybe 200 is more realistic now... Maybe not. I'll see where I get to on the 31st December.
This morning's ride was a 5k shocker: driving wind and rain knocked my average speed back from the 30kph mark down to a pathetic 22kph. I'm used to getting a soaking now, and I'm resigned to the stark reality of them becoming more frequent as "summer" (I have to do that, it's Britain) turns to autumn turns to winter. My waterproof kit is very good now though, so it's not too terrible, although I've yet to find a fabric that can cope with my seemingly unnatural sweatiness when exercising. Still, it's fun to keep searching.
And another thing! I'm going to have to take the plunge in the next few months and get myself some sort of on-bike luggage. Regular commuting is no real friend of the rucksack, regardless of how "supercool" or "aeroflex-y" the back system is. I need to find a good sized rack or saddlebag and a small handlebar bag that will be able carry my clothes, lunch, acoutrements (keys, wallet, mp3 player) etc. Well, it's another little project I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment