Rides: 179
Kilometers: 2294.8(approx.)

CO2 Saved: 701.1kg
Created by OnePlusYou

Tuesday 19 January 2010

I Did 370 Miles Today...

Unfortunately that was in a car. Nevermind, I was thinking of riding my bike in the stunning lanscapes of mid- and North Wales, so that sort of counts I reckon.


I had a partly-impromptu (is that an oxymoron, or am I just a normal mornon?) trip from Ross-on-Wye, through to Ludlow (ish), across to Llangollen, sort of past Festiniog, skirted round Snowdonia without really knowing what I was looking at, passed a couple of reservoirs (Llyn Celyn, llyn Trawsfyndd) went through Porthmadog and collected some wheels from Pwllheli. I then started up again and went north through Caernarfon, Bangor and Conwy and eventually joined the M6 at the Thelwall viaduct.

The drive was an amazing combination of real British countryside with beautiful rolling hills, crags and all the wintry bleakness that I rather like, and the coast's altogether more sunny disposition. I'd never been to any of the places I went to before I got onto the motorway and I'm blown away by them, so now, unbeknown to my wife I think that's where I'll plan a holiday to sometime this year. The difficult part will be to choose which one of the places I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment