Rides: 179
Kilometers: 2294.8(approx.)

CO2 Saved: 701.1kg
Created by OnePlusYou

Sunday 21 February 2010

Ooh, Like, Real Snow.

It was like proper crunchy under wheel and everything.

Opened the curtains this morning and there'd been a fall of around 2" of the white stuff, and it was still coming. So I did what any sensible person would do: let the chicken out (that's not a euphamism), had my breakfast, put a load of washing on, minced about for a bit, then loaded the car up and went for a ride.

I packed a shovel (no, really) in case I had to dig the car out, but in the end it was my road and the back roads round town that were worse than the country roads up to the trail. The trail itself was rideable and the earlier-than-me birds had packed the snow down nicely so there was grip to be found. The fireroads were a bit more "virgin" which meant I got to play at drifting but attempting to stay upright. All in all it was a very pleasant session, with pretty much no downsides. I even got to hose the bike down before I put it in the car.

Fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment