Rides: 179
Kilometers: 2294.8(approx.)

CO2 Saved: 701.1kg
Created by OnePlusYou

Thursday 18 March 2010

H'ub G'ear

It's very close. I can feel it. I can actually feel it. It feels like a tingling that starts in my toes, creeping up and through my legs into my core. My ears strain for the sound of its imminent arrival. I look for it on the horizon. It's tantalisingly close...

CYCLE 2 WORK!!!

And therein lies the problem: what to get, WHAT TO GET? I definitely like the idea of a hub gear (2, 3, 5, 7, 8 or more?) for the maintenance-freeness of it all and I'm taken with belt drives this week, but the pansy in me also fancies more comfort than a Giant road bike affords me. And I like the speed of the road bike so don't really want to give that up to slacker angles and woolier steering. So I'm in a bit of a pickle.

Perhaps I'll go for the commuter-staple of a Bad Boy or perhaps a belt-driven District, or maybe a hub-geared iO. But then there's the leftfield, oddball choice of a Moulton.

I think I might need to book a few test rides...

No comments:

Post a Comment